18.2.11

Lame Game

My sister actually gave me an idea to recreate the Gnome Polaroids in 'Amelie' [One of my favourite films] for fun when I went away, so I thought why not!
I actually found theres something called the 'Traveling gnome prank' when I looked into it, you learn something everyday.

I took photos in different places in New york, then used photoshop to put them on Polaroids [I didn't use a real gnome, just printed out]
[top] 1. Public Library 2. Grand Central Station 3. Disney Store [bottom] 1. Times Square 2&3. Central Park

In the film Amelie wants her dad to do something more in his life, so steals his beloved gnome. The gnome is photographed by famous landmarks to show him the places he could discover himself if he traveled/left the house.

 What I brought: Standard 'I♥NY tee'/ Faded grey anchor sweater, Forever21

 Plain 3/4 length sleeve baseball top, Forever21/ Embroidered waist skirt, Forever21

You can clearly tell I liked Forever21 :) Aparently They are opening stores in the UK now, I think they're is one in Birmingham. [Link]

Black bow Suede flats, Urban Outfitters - Kimchi Blue [$9.99]/ Brown baby satchel, Flea market [$5]

 The flea market I went to (where I got my bag) was on 25th Street, near the hotel we were staying at...Me, caught looking at some woolly jumpers, as usual. [Photo taken by Jack.C]

And finally a little something from Marc Jacobs! This cute little Skull necklace :) We happened to visit the store on Bleecker St when there was a launch party going on for the collaboration with Playboy too.

X

13 comments:

Sabrina O. said...

Gorgeous pictures! Love that skull necklace and the skirt!
xx

Nonszalancka said...

amazing blog!!! what about following each other?:D kisses from Poland <3

Renée said...

I love that movie!

Lok-Yin Lau said...

You bought amezing stuff my dear (: !

Her name is Sophie said...

Love the skirt and the shoes and the bag. They're perfect!

x Je suis Sophie

Jenn said...

The gnome Polaroids are so cute! You have a wonderful blog, nice visit!

http://coffee-reverie.blogspot.com

Francesca said...

haha the gnome pictures are awesome. nice post. let me know if you want to follow each other :)

http://opinionslave.blogspot.com

Francesca said...

thanks gorgeous i'm following back :)

Caroline Ergy Erg said...

I love those gnome photos! So cute :D i love the dolly shoes too, what wonderful finds!
xxxxxx

danniekate said...

this is brilliant, i love that you recreated it! when i was little, my dad used to travel a lot for work and he'd take my stuffed toy duck with him and take pictures with it everywhere :) xx

Violetta E. said...

amazing!

Jazzy E (hivennn) said...

so cute! x hivennn

Hannah C.J. said...

bare jel of all this D ! You bought so much lovely stuff :) xxxxx